Template

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Grass IS Always Greener

I just so happen to be working from home today.
We knew the grass was coming but I didn't know it would be today!
I think I actually jumped up and down in my house when I heard the noise then looked out to see this truck full of sod.  Oh. My!  It's really really happening!


The crew consisted of two people.  This man and his daughter.


He would drive the Bobcat over to the truck to pick up a stack of sod then drove over to drop it off by her.  She would unload the stack as he laid them out.



Within an hour my yard had looked as though someone had poured green paint on it.
It was impossible to focus at work today, luckily I had a ton of meetings so I could sit in the kitchen on the phone while staring out the window enjoying my new view.




And just like that- the backyard is done!

I was talking to Loriann about it and next thing you know,  I received a text message containing a picture of a toy that was sitting on the workbench in the garage!  Those dirty rats!  Loriann and Molly drove all the way out here to meet me for lunch and see the yard.  What a nice surprise :-)







It was crazy to me to see that they got this done in one day.  At our old house, Brian and I sodded the small patch of lawn between our house and Kris and Steve's and it was hard work (of course I was pregnant at the time, but still).  I can't wait to sit out on my porch and stare at the green grass.








FINALLY!  Doesn't it look beautiful!
No more dirt!  No more brown!  No more mud!


No comments: