Template

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

What Just Happened?!


This just happened.
Donald Trump will be our next president.
I am not sure yet how I feel about this. 
He was running against Hilary Clinton and honestly, for me, this was the better option.
Deep down I can't imagine that my life will be impacted very much and although it sounds super selfish- that is what I think about.  How will this affect me and my family.
The country is in disbelief but it's also strange to me that everyone is in such shock although he clearly had enough supporters that he won so there has to be some people that knew this could happen.  I am not into politics.  I live my life letting those that are passionate about it do the heavy lifting.  I will vote but never have felt as though it is my duty to do so.  Even being a woman.  Knowing that for a long time woman couldn't even vote, it is sad that that's how things were but obviously times have changed and although it's probably important to acknowledge that- it's just not something I think would ever change again so I guess I take these things for granted.
It's a little surreal knowing that he is a 'celebrity' however he is worth a lot of money and clearly knows how to run a business so I have to trust that track record.
He is not the most well spoken (ummmm, at all) and coming after Obama who was a very good public speaker, he will be advertised as a baboon during his whole term.  No doubt about that.
He is extremely arrogant and comes off as being self centered and bossy.
I obviously don't know him personally and won't allow the media or opinions of others to get in my head.  I have to believe that something good will come of this.  I am not sure what but I have to give him a chance.  He will make some mistakes, he will say some real inappropriate things but he could also maybe do something good.  Only time will tell.

No comments: