Template

Friday, January 01, 2016

It's like I'm in High School!

I feel like I am in High School again.  I haven't seen gas prices this low in so long.  It really couldn't have come at a better time.  The price per gallon has been dropping ever since I bought the Enclave.

Today I had some gas rewards from Cub to help lower the price per gallon but I was pretty pumped to fill up for less than $25!





Tomorrow is the big day.  Kim and Joe's wedding.  The last of the Miller girls.
The girls and I spent the day packing our things and getting ready to spend the evening with Kim, Kristin and Jennie at the hotel. I had the car all packed up and decided to carry in the old winter coat that was sitting in my backseat for the past few weeks.  It was a good thing I did because as I hung it up in the front closet I found our dresses for the wedding!  I can't believe I almost left without them.  Good thing we would have just been a 20-30 min drive away.

We got to the hotel around 5:00 and after getting unloaded, decided it was time to go out to eat.  We hit up a place called The Station down the road from Kellerman's and shortly after we got there Kari, Andy and the boys met us for dinner.
After dinner we all went back to the hotel to talk a little more about the plan for Saturday.
Kari and family left shortly after and the rest of us started in on our evening plans.
We had dresses to iron and last minute details to discuss.



It's hard to remember what the night before the wedding felt like when I was the bride.  
I slept over at Stacey's.  I am sure I was excited and nervous.  I slightly remember not wanting to go to sleep so that I could feel that excitement forever but also wanting to go to sleep right away so I could wake up and start the day.  Stacey and Sara were up at the crack of dawn putting together my flowers and I remember waking up to see them and instantly falling in love.
The rest of the day is a bit of a blur.  I remember seeing Brian for the first time and the look he had on his face.  I remember walking down the aisle then riding in a limo around downtown after the ceremony.  I remember eating, a few speeches and then lots and lots of dancing.
I remember everything going as we had planned and I remember being happy with how everything turned out but all of the details, the tiny things that have kept us busy for the past few months, I don't remember much of them.  

I hope Kim has the same experience.  She won't regret all of the hours she spent getting things ready, she won't regret paying those bills.  She won't have second thoughts about the colors she chose or the location where they will say their I do's.  Her pictures will remind her of her hardwork but I hope she forgets about the stress.  I hope she forgets that leading up to the wedding she probably felt like a prisoner.  Excited, sure- but at the same time consumed.  Worried about every detail, worried that she forgot to include someone or something, worried about who will come and if they'll find their place to sit.  I hope she enjoys her day- she deserves it!


Hailey, Jennie and I slept on the pull out couch while Hannah and the twins shared the king size bed.
Hailey gave Jennie and I quite the show as she suckled herself to sleep (suckled = sucking her mouth as if there is a nuk in it- some crazy habit she picked up) and woke us around 4 to tell us that there are 18 kids in her class.  Ha, ha- What the?!  I didn't get much sleep.  I was anxious.  Anxious that I forgot something, anxious that I would oversleep and my role as the big sister would set the tone for the day, making everyone late and feeling rushed.  I never sleep too good in hotels anyways but then add the pressure on that I would wake first, shower, and then pack up the room (my stuff and three girls worth), get us all down to eat breakfast, get Kim's room cleaned up a little bit in case the housekeepers didn't show and get us all on time to our appointment and then off to the event center.  I didn't have my phone nearby so I couldn't even tell what time it was (that was like torture).
Kim seemed to sleep pretty good.  Her and Hannah fell asleep playing their Hit it Rich Slots game.
So happy we were able to be with Kim on her last night as a single lady.

No comments: