Template

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Not sure if I was meant to do this....


Here I sit on the front steps. 
Looking across the street at the neighbors house.
Wondering what is going on in that back yard.

You see, my little two year old was playing with her 'friends' this evening and came to ask me if she could go to Ally's house to play on the tramp-in-line (trampoline).  She said that Hailey and I could stay 'right here and wait' until she was all done.  

So we did. 

We sat and waited.  Hailey enjoyed her momma time and I spent the whole time looking across the street, listening for crying or any other sign alerting me that Hannah needs me.

Nothing.

Times like this just kill me inside.  It makes me stop to wonder if I am really cut out for this 'mommy stuff'.  How am I ever going to handle sending these girls off to school?!  I tried hard to just let her go and not worry or wonder what she was doing.  I tried to focus on having some time alone with Hailey instead of picturing Hannah falling off that tramp-in-line and cracking her head open. 

Soon enough the kids appeared again from the backyard and Hannah returned home. All in one peice with a smile on her face.

3 comments:

Kari said...

that is definitely scary. i could barely STAND the thought of Agustin going on a bus by himself to his first field trip. my mother-in-law says that she would always follow bati's buses when he was little - just to make sure he got there ok. it is definitely the hardest thing about being a parent - letting them out of your sight, but what can you do - they grow up with or without you watching them!

Jennie said...

A two year old on a tramp-in-line, lol--umm...yeah, as an Aunt, I WAS SCARED DURING THAT STORY! hahaha--glad she had fun!

Chris Miller said...

All I can say is Whew!