Template

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

One Step Closer


Today Hailey starts at Adventures Plus Bound!
This is held at Oxbow Creek so for the next few months we will continue to have two drop offs and two pick ups.  Knowing that it will soon come to an end makes it easier to handle.
Hailey is so excited to go today!  She is a little bit nervous about whether or not she will make any friends but we all know that she will have nothing to worry about.
 

She ended up having a few rough days.  Crying a lot when I dropped her off.  One day it was so loud I could hear her screaming for me as I walked out of the building.  That was just enough to get me to start crying.  It's heartbreaking knowing that I had to leave her like that.  It's so hard to walk away and trust that everyone there will take care of her and make her feel better.
When I picked her up each day she said her day was "Amazing" so I know that she was fine shortly after getting dropped off but that didn't stop her from crying and holding onto me for the first three weeks of drop offs.
She made some great friends at Bound: Anna, Isla, Presley and Izzy.  As the weeks would go on, I would drop her off and she would go running in- hugging every little girl in the place.  They were always so excited to see each other "Oh Hailey, I like that shirt" "Thanks, I love your shoes" "You look so cute today" "Your hair looks good like that"
The staff at Bound were great and many of them were staff from CBPA that she already knew from the many days of drop offs and pick ups for Hannah.
We made it through the summer and near the end she was sad to leave it all behind.

No comments: