Template

Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Hurry up Mommy!"

Today was the Christmas party at Jackie's for the kids.
They do a secret Santa every year, exchange gifts, do some sort of craft and bake.  This year they made gingerbread houses.
Hannah had Cora's name and Brody had her.
Hailey had Kaydence's name and Kaydence had her.
 
Maissa, Josh, Morgan and our family bought Jackie a brick that will be displayed as part of the new Andrews Park memorial.  I covered a box with 'brick-colored' paper and wrote the message on it that we submitted.  Jackie has always been very involved with the park and when the weather is nice you can almost guarantee that they are there.  They have a park clean up every year and it is by far one of Hannah and Hailey's favorite places to go. 
 
 
When I got to Jackie's to pick the girls up, Hailey came down the stairs and then jumped in place while clapping her hands. "Mommy!  I got a chicken game! I want to play it when I get home.  When we get home can I play my chicken thing?"  The little girl was talking so fast....she was so excited about this chicken game.
Jackie brought the presents down and I could see that this chicken game was actually a McDonald's playset.  A cash register, play money and play food.
"Mommy, can I hold my game in the car?"- said while jumping up and down and clapping.
 
All the way home Hailey just said "Hurry up mommy!"
 
When we finally made it home both girls tore into their presents. 
Hailey immediately started taking orders and Hannah was already crafting away.
She got a decorate-your-own-headband kit and little jewelry kit.
All of a sudden the door opened and as Hailey glanced over expecting to see dad, she was surprised when she saw Kim!  Both girls went running over and for the next few hours it was all about Kim.
Kim started a new job a few miles away from us and she wanted to stop by and say hi.
Hope there are more visits like this!

 
I guess Lula and Justin wanted to spend a few more days together before it is time for her to go.

2 comments:

Patience said...

I love how excited they get over their new toys! So much fun to see how they play with the toys. And Kim!

Kari said...

So cool. Wish Kimmy could stop by for a surprise visit here!